[Libs-Or] Library Movers?

Mark Rose mrose at hermiston.or.us
Wed Jan 11 15:43:21 PST 2017

As the current director of the Hermiston Public Library, who only arrived in August of last year, I checked with staff who were here at the time.  They unloaded the books and then moved the assembles stacks with the nylon/plastic slides you can buy.  The best solution I've seen are stack movers, a company with the equipment must be hired.  These units attach to the stack frames, lift the entire stack loaded with books, and since the lifters are on wheels you move the whole range at once.  You do need to have room to move them to and back.  Search library stack movers on google, or you tube, you'll find a few. Good luck!

Mark Rose
Director, Hermiston Public Library
mrose at hermiston.or.us