[Libs-Or] Next Week - Civics Workshops

Donna Cohen dcohen at dcoheninfo.com
Tue Jan 17 10:37:24 PST 2017

Hello everyone, I'm very excited about offering a new workshop next Monday
on how to have an impact on your community, city, state and/or country.
People have become more interested in being involved and my workshop
provides the basics. I combine civic and political knowledge, inspiration
drawn from current and historical successes and a cognitive path for
considering engagement. Come and check it out. My Misinformation workshop is
also becoming popular. In my opinion, the issue of evaluating information
and finding valid information is the most essential capacity for citizens to
have.

In addition to the workshops announced below, I will be conducting the
Misinformation workshop at Multnomah County libraries in March [Albina] and
April [Central]. Take care. Donna

Being a Citizen Activist - Making Change in Your Community

Want to improve life for yourself and your neighbors or have a concern about
local, state or federal laws? Learn about strategies for change, and more:
Information and misinformation, Examples of successful advocacy, Choosing
your battles, What matters to you? Who makes the rules? Getting heard: tools
for change, "Tracking" civic/political issues

State legislature is in session as of Feb. What is going on and how to make
your mark

Mon, Jan 23, 2017   6:15-7:45 PM

St Johns Library, 7510 N Charleston Ave, Portland, OR

 Misinformation and Political Propaganda

 We are overwhelmed with messages from politicians, news sources and other
media. Establish truth from fiction and learn where to find accurate
information.

 Sat. Jan 28, 2017 1:00-2:30 PM

Oregon City Public Library,

606 John Adams St, Oregon City, OR 97045

Donna L Cohen, MEd, MLIS  Teacher and Librarian

 <https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036>
https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036

These workshops are non-partisan.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MEd, MLIS

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

citizen at civicthinker.net

Civics for Adults Workshop Series: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire
Political Engagement

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/