[Libs-Or] Fwd: [ALA Connect] Diversity Member Initiative Group - ODLOS Town Hall: We want to hear your thoughts... (new)

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:11:17 PST 2017

FYI

Max
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ALA Connect <connect at ala.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
Subject: [ALA Connect] Diversity Member Initiative Group - ODLOS Town Hall:
We want to hear your thoughts... (new)
To: Max Macias <max.macias at gmail.com>

((( reply above this line to post a comment )))

In: Diversity Member Initiative Group
*ODLOS Town Hall: We want to hear your thoughts...
<http://connect.ala.org/node/262624>* (New Discussion)
Heading: General News & Discussion
By: Jody Gray-IL
------------------------------

For members who did not have the chance to join the Office for Diversity,
Literacy and Outreach Services Town Hall, we still want to know your
thoughts. I'm attaching the ODLOS report, the powerpoint  for the town Hall
and the Task Force on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion report.

Here are the three questions that we asked those in attendance to discuss.
Please send us your thoughts on these questions.

*Q1. *Reflecting on the events of this past year, how has ALA been
responsive in a way that resonated with or satisfied you? And in what ways
has ALA not responded in a satisfying manner? How has either response
impacted your professional role?

*Q2. *Do you feel served by your local professional networks in relation to
equity, diversity, or inclusion?
a)If yes, what does this look like?
b)If no, what role can ALA play in filling this gap?

*Q3. *A common request that ALA offices and divisions hear is that there is
a need to create space or opportunity for individuals to share their
experiences (in regards to equity, diversity, inclusion, or social
justice). Over the years this has led to the creation of many tools,
spaces, and programs (ONE example is the Diversity Member Interest Group)
that do not get much traffic or traction. Where do you feel or see a
disconnect in these actions? How might we address that disconnect?

*Ways to Respond: *

   1. Please indicate which question you are responding to: Q1, Q2, or Q3
   2. Either respond directly here or you can send responses on social
   media if you use the hashtag #ODLOSTownHall

Attachments:
- ODLOS Report to Committees Atlanta 2017.pdf
<http://connect.ala.org/files/ODLOS%20Report%20to%20Committees%20Atlanta%202017.pdf>
- ODLOS Town Hall.pptx
<http://connect.ala.org/files/ODLOS%20Town%20Hall.pptx>
- ODLOS Report to Committees Atlanta 2017.pdf
<http://connect.ala.org/files/ODLOS%20Report%20to%20Committees%20Atlanta%202017_0.pdf>

This is an automatic message from ALA Connect.
Manage your ALA Connect notifications in your Connect profile
<http://connect.ala.org/user/53658/subscriptions>.
Get help in the ALA Connect Help Community <http://connect.ala.org/help>.
View original post: http://connect.ala.org/mcomment/redirect/%3C53658.
262624.0.1484946194.d8d937b3001411649d00fb0fb8e2df97%40connect.ala.org%3E
<http://connect.ala.org/mcomment/redirect/%3C53658.262624.0.1484946194.d8d937b3001411649d00fb0fb8e2df97@connect.ala.org%3E>

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>
http://twitter.com/maxmacias