[Libs-Or] former Oregon Library Director Ed Budge

Monica Weyhe monicaw655 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:32:38 PST 2017

We are saddened at the passing of Ed Budge on Sunday, January 27th at his home in Medford.  After earning his MLS from UC Berkeley in 1965, Ed served at the Library of Congress from 1965-67, married Ronnie Budge (20 year Library Director of Jackson County), and served as the Director of Josephine County Library from 1974-79 and as President of OLA in 1978-79.

Ed has been a tireless supporter and advocate for the Jackson County Library system and district, involved in our long range strategic planning and serving on the district’s budget committee at the time of his death.  We will miss him, his unique voice, and his dedication to serving our residents.

Monica Weyhe, on behalf of the
Board of Directors
Jackson County Library District
mweyhe at jacksoncountylibrarydistrict.org