[Libs-Or] My Retirement from the North Bend Public Library

gsharp at cclsd.org gsharp at cclsd.org
Mon Jul 17 16:33:01 PDT 2017

Good Afternoon,

After 33 years with the North Bend Public Library, I will be retiring
soon, and August 18 will be my last day. I've come to know many of you
over the years, and I'm sure going to miss seeing you at meetings and
especially at the OLA conference. I know you'll carry on and keep doing
great work at your libraries, and for the benefit of library patrons
across the state.  Your great ideas, programs, and innovative services
have been inspiring to me.  I hope our paths will cross again before too
long!

I've been very fortunate to work here for so long, with such a terrific
library board, and a great team of people to work with at NBPL, and in
our library district.  My leaving is an excellent opportunity for
someone else to lead the library in this very supportive community.

We're starting the search for a new director today, and I'll post the
job announcement to libs-or and beyond shortly.

It has truly been a very satisfying and an enriching time serving with
you in the wondrous Oregon library community!

Sincerely,

Gary

****IF YOUR REPLY BOUNCES, PLEASE RE-SEND TO nbpl.gary.sharp at gmail.com

Gary Sharp

Director of Library Services

North Bend Public Library
1800 Sherman Avenue
North Bend OR 97459
541-756-5442
541-756-1073 fax

“A library is a shelter for the mind and spirit.”  - Tom McCall