[Libs-Or] Community college libraries and student success

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Wed Jul 19 15:29:39 PDT 2017

I just learned from my colleague in North Carolina that they funded the project below with LSTA funding. I haven't had a chance to look closely but it seems like good information and similar to the work Keith Curry Lance did on school libraries and student success.

Edgecombe Community College announces the completion of a three-year, statewide study of community college libraries. The study looks at the link between North Carolina Community College libraries and student success in those colleges.

Working with the nationally known research group, RSL, comprised of Keith Curry Lance, Marcia Rodney, and Bill Schwarz, advised by a dynamic group including Dr. David Wright, Dr. Nora Bird, Colleen Turnage, Deborah Parisher and Dr. Martin House, the study was directed and managed by Rejeanor Scott, the former director of library services for Edgecombe Community College.
https://www.edgecombe.edu/librarians-and-student-success/

MaryKay Dahlgreen
State Librarian
503-378-4367 | www.oregon.gov/osl<http://www.oregon.gov/osl>