[Libs-Or] IP Addresses in Vancouver, can't get into OSLIS

Emily Ford fordemily at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:25:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I'm writing because I was helping an Answerland patron and tried to access
OSLIS resources from the Libraries of Oregon website. Because of where I
live, in NE Portland, it seems that the Libraries of Oregon website thinks
I am in Vancouver. Here is the message: You are currently accessing the
Libraries of Oregon portal from Vancouver, Washington, United States. Find
your nearest library
<https://librariesoforegon.org/libraries-by-city/Vancouver>

<https://librariesoforegon.org/libraries-by-city/Vancouver>While I have the
ability to log in using Answerland credentials and I know how to use my
public library, I'm wondering if this is affecting any patrons. What is the
work around? And does anyone know why the Internet thinks I'm in Vancouver?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Emily