[Libs-Or] Marketing Summer Reading to men

Jane Scheppke JScheppke at crooklib.org
Tue Jun 13 15:20:26 PDT 2017

Hi all -

Has anyone here ever had luck marketing their Summer Reading program/other adult programs to men? Our adult programming has always had more of a female audience, but this year's male/female divide among our adult SRP participants is really stark - so far, 89% of the 157 adults who have signed up for the reading log portion of the program over the past two weeks have been women.

I'm not saying this is a problem, per se. A lot of the adults who sign up are moms and grandmoms who accompany their children to the library, so it makes sense that there would be more women. Nevertheless, it'd be nice if the split wasn't quite so dramatic. If anything, more adult men in the summer reading program would serve as evidence (not the strongest evidence, but evidence) that the kids in our community are seeing the men in their lives modeling good reading habits.

Any ideas? Posters at the bait shop? Library tractor pull?
_
Jane Scheppke, MLIS
Assistant Director, Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
(541) 447-7978 ext. 303
jscheppke at crooklib.org<https://mail.co.crook.or.us/owa/14.3.319.2/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=aIMhSZz7canS6XaBDNRRoWtySW92jzSPL_v78zl1353Vdvg6XjrUCA..&URL=mailto%3ajscheppke%40crooklib.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.