[Libs-Or] Reminder: Hillsboro Public Library has two Librarian Supervisor positions open until June 30th!

Sarah Strahl Sarah.Strahl at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Wed Jun 21 15:42:27 PDT 2017

Dear Awesome People in Oregon Libraries,

Having just returned from a conference and vacation that took me out of the library for two weeks,  I realized I've been out of the Oregon library world and that I really want to remind everyone about these open positions at HPL!   I'm available until the job closes on June 30th to answer questions. If you sent me questions in June, there were a few that I've completely lost track of in the midst of trip prep and wrap up and packing, so please don't hesitate to resend!  I'd really appreciate it again if you could take a look at the brief descriptions below and see if you might be a great fit. And even if you aren't a great fit yourself, maybe you know someone who is and could share with them? If you'd like more information to pass along you ask me or find that on the City of Hillsboro website.<https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/departments/human-resources/join-our-team/job-opportunities>

Access and Technology Librarian Supervisor:
The Hillsboro Public Library is seeking an Access and Technology Librarian Supervisor to work in our Materials Services Division.

Are you looking for adventure and an opportunity to develop and improve library services? Do you have a desire to create the most innovative services at one of the busiest libraries in Oregon? Do you love to connect people with resources -- and connect the dots between those resources? Do you enjoy empowering and encouraging staff, especially in our rapidly changing technological world?

This position may be the perfect one for you!

The Position
At HPL, we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and collaborative individual who is passionate about providing library services, who wants to empower and encourage staff to learn and be their best, and is willing to develop and try new ideas. As the Access and Technology Librarian Supervisor (Librarian Supervisor classification), you develop, plan, organize, and supervise all activities and staff in our Access and Technology work group. This new work group is tasked with coordinating and improving patron access points to our services, including cataloging, records and standards, the implementation and maintenance of a discovery layer, and partnering with city and county information systems to help deliver best-in-the-universe access/discovery and technologies to our patrons.

Collection Development Librarian Supervisor:
The Hillsboro Public Library is seeking a collaborative Collection Development Librarian Supervisor to work in our Materials Services Division.

Do you believe the collection is a growing and changing organism, and should always address our community's needs? Are you looking for adventure and an opportunity to develop and improve library services? Do you have a desire to create the most innovative services at one of the busiest libraries in Oregon? Do you enjoy empowering and encouraging staff?

This position may be the perfect one for you!

The Position
At HPL, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is passionate about providing library services, who wants to empower and encourage staff to learn and be their best, and is willing to develop and try new ideas. As the Collection Development Librarian Supervisor (Librarian Supervisor classification), you develop, plan, organize, and supervise all activities and staff in our Collection Development and Maintenance work group. This work group is responsible for the collection as a whole, and includes selection, acquisition, collection maintenance and deselection. In addition, the librarian supervisor and staff are expected to be our collection data wizards, constantly ensuring the collection is working as hard and as efficiently as possible, while retaining the variety and serendipity our patrons desire.

Thank you so much!

Sarah Strahl | Manager, Materials Services
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library
phone: 503-615-2489 | email sarah.strahl at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:sarah.strahl at hillsboro-oregon.gov>
www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library> | Follow us on Twitter @HillsboroLib<https://twitter.com/HillsboroLib> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/HillsboroPublicLibrary>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS)  http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>
Work Week: Sunday through Thursday