[Libs-Or] Register for Can We Do That? before the workshop fills!

Tatiana Bryant tatiana.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 14:48:48 PDT 2017

Registration is filling fast for *Can We Do That?: Intellectual Property
Rights and Visual Media*, a Visual Resources Association Foundation
Regional Workshop. Can We Do That? will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2017
at the Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) and co-hosted by the
University of Oregon Libraries.  We are fortunate to have as our workshop
instructor Cara Hirsch, Deputy Head of Legal and Business Affairs at The
Virtual Reality Company, a studio focused on the creation of content for
virtual reality film and other experiences.

Previously Associate General Counsel at the Solomon R. Guggenheim
Foundation and formerly Deputy General Counsel at ArtStor, Cara brings vast
experience to her instructor role, having supervised the rights review and
clearance process for media collections in the Artstor Digital Library, a
digital image resource that makes available to nonprofit institutions over
1.7 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and
sciences.  We are certain that cultural heritage professionals, the
information and educational communities, and anyone interested in visual
culture will benefit from this experience, and for those of you who also
plan to attend Online Northwest (http://onlinenorthwest.org/) on Friday,
March 31, joining us for Can We Do That? represents a unique opportunity to
make a long weekend packed with high-level programming!

We encourage you to share this announcement broadly with your colleagues.
To learn more about and register for *Can We Do That? *visit
http://tinyurl.com/j4slq32. The fee for this day-long workshop is $125.
For more information, or if you have questions about registration, feel
free to contact Betha Whitlow, VRAF Director,bwhitlow at wustl.edu. For
questions about the Pacific Northwest College of Art venue, please contact
Serenity Ibsen, Interim Director of Library Services at PNCA,
sibsen at pnca.edu.