[Libs-Or] Returning to the OLA Annual Conference 2017: Be a Conference Buddy!!

Jenkins LUMPKIN jenkinsl at multco.us
Wed Mar 15 16:30:07 PDT 2017

Returning to the OLA Annual Conference 2017:  Be a Conference Buddy!!

OLA Membership Committee & the New Member Round Table want to ensure that
each First (or Few) Time Conference Goers’ (FTCG) experience at OLA Annual
is meaningful, relevant, stress-free - and fun!!

Experienced conference goers attending OLA 2017 are invited to be a
Conference Buddy for a first-time or few-time conference attendee just by
providing advice and guidance.  It’s really easy -- you don’t have to have
all the answers, just be willing to help a newbie out!  If you've ever been
to an OLA Annual Conference before and are willing to help a new person
navigate the inner conference workings and learn more about OLA, that's all
it takes!

Hey, it’s my first (or third!) OLA Annual Conference!  How do I get a Buddy?

   -

   Complete the Volunteer to be Paired with a Conference Buddy at OLA 2017
   Form
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuJqUdUJourCiZxbafRP1RW7DacX9LxKX0nwdzBunkF-18Dw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
   to give the Conference Buddy an idea of what you’re all about - your
   interests, areas of expertise, and secret super-powers!
   -

   Once you’ve filled out the form, you'll be provided with a link to
   select a time that you'll available to be paired up with a Conference
   Buddy.

Buddy options are super flexible!  Just sit with a Conference Buddy for
lunch, a conference session, a business meeting, or a special event that
you’d be attending anyway - so not a huge commitment in time and/or energy.

I’d like to help a newbie out!  How do I become a Buddy?

More experienced Conference Buddies will have a chance to sign up soon!!
This is the perfect way to share your experience about OLA and expand an
emerging library leader’s professional network in an informal, casual way.

What if I have questions? Problems?

Just use the OLA Conference Buddy Program Inquiries, 2017
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8CWiCpHFej-eLvxw3P49XqlSTd2i_riSrBW5F2xTom-msFQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
to contact Conference Buddy & FTCG  administrators with any questions.

See you in Salem for #ORLib17!!

Brought to you by:

   -

   Bethany Grabow for the New Member Round Table
   -

   Jenkins Lumpkin for the Membership Committee

Best,

Jenkins

*Jenkins Lumpkin*
*Learning +*
*​ Organizational Development*
*Senior Office Assistant*
Multnomah County Library
919 NE 19th Avenue | Suite 250 | Portland, OR | 97232
My schedule: Monday - Thursday; 9:00 - 3:00 pm
503.988.3622
multcolib.org

*Learning + Organizational Development: *internal support, guidance and
leadership