[Libs-Or] OLA Resume & Cover Letter Review Program is Open for OLA Annual Conference!!

Jenkins LUMPKIN jenkinsl at multco.us
Wed Mar 15 17:00:12 PDT 2017

The OLA Membership Committee and the New Member Round Table are once again
joining forces to offer LIVE Resume & Cover Letter Review Program @ OLA
Annual 2017!

This program is designed to provide guidance for OLA Members seeking
positions within libraries and/or the information field.

   -

   Resume review is intended to be a short-term partnership focused on
   providing feedback to the OLA Member seeking review.
   -

   For those seeking a longer-term supportive relationship, the OLA
   Mentoring Program <http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program> is open to all
   early-career library staff.
   -

   Volunteer reviewers will evaluate the applicant’s resume and
   representative cover letter and provide advice on these documents.
   -

   In addition, the reviewer can assess any possible experiences or skills
   that might the applicant more marketable for a desired position.

How exactly will it work?

Recruitment for volunteer reviewers and review-seekers will take place on a
quarterly basis:

   -

   Fall - Virtual Participation (via email, phone, GoToMeeting, Skype,
   Hangouts, etc.)
   -

   Winter - Virtual Participation (via email, phone, GoToMeeting, Skype,
   Hangouts, etc.)
   -

   Spring -  In-Person Participation to be held at the OLA Annual
   Conference.
   -

   Summer - Virtual Participation (via email, phone, GoToMeeting, Skype,
   Hangouts, etc.)

Reviewers and applicants can communicate via whatever modality (email,
phone, web conferencing, in-person, etc.) is mutually agreed on. However,
in the Spring, reviews will be made only in-person at the Oregon Library
Association Conference.

I’d like to help!  How do I sign up?

Here’s what we’re looking for in a volunteer resume reviewer:

Required:

   -

   OLA Membership;
   -

   Ability to provide feedback to the OLA Member seeking review;
   -

   Complete the Volunteer Form for Resume Reviewers
   <https://docs.google.com/a/multco.us/forms/d/1vXQvXf4JN4I0zhIJbZvAl-7iFP3B_dGtDS8HmG3bFww/edit?usp=sharing>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Recent experience on hiring and/or interview panels;
   -

   Currently in a position which often reviews candidate applications, such
   as a management position.

I would love advice on my cover letter and resume!  How do I sign up?

Here is the criteria for those seeking review:

Required:

   -

   OLA membership;
   -

   Ability to receive feedback from the OLA Member providing review;
   -

   Complete the Form for Resume Review Seekers
   <https://docs.google.com/a/multco.us/forms/d/1UMiqNJsn_5K6tuwVoWKTHpG-lj82WCHOUWphW_ObiJY/edit?usp=sharing>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Emerging information professional;
   -

   Recent MLIS graduate or currently enrolled in MLIS program.

What if I have questions? Problems?

You can use the Resume Review Program Inquiries Form
<https://docs.google.com/a/multco.us/forms/d/14PYkw-grVainBzSTph7NHeanSi9Sbjrg8FiKEVD_vN4/edit?usp=sharing>
to contact Resume Review Program administrators.

Brought to you by:

   -

   Bethany Grabow for the New Member Round Table
   -

   Jenkins Lumpkin for the Membership Committee

Best,

Jenkins

*Jenkins Lumpkin*
*Learning +*
*​ Organizational Development*
*Senior Office Assistant*
Multnomah County Library
919 NE 19th Avenue | Suite 250 | Portland, OR | 97232
My schedule: Monday - Thursday; 9:00 - 3:00 pm
503.988.3622 <(503)%20988-3622>
multcolib.org

*Learning + Organizational Development: *internal support, guidance and
leadership