[Libs-Or] PLD Banquet News!

Hillary Ostlund Hillary.Ostlund at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Thu Mar 30 08:27:11 PDT 2017

Dear Oregon Library friends,

On behalf of our Public Library Division (PLD), I'm writing with an update about our fabulous annual PLD banquet planned for Wednesday, April 19, at our upcoming OLA conference.

I'm thrilled to announce that in addition to the conference-gourmet "Little Italy" buffet, the fun you'll have catching up with colleagues, and celebrating with the PLD Award winner, PLD has a wonderful treat in store for you for the program! Our speakers this year are from Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB):  April Baer<https://twitter.com/aprilbaer?lang=en>, reporter and State of Wonder host, and Sarah Rothenfluch<https://twitter.com/sarahopb?lang=en>, Executive Editor of News.

As we all try to adapt and learn how to best navigate this current news and information economy, we thought it would be interesting to hear from reporters about their work. In this age of fake news, journalists are under fire from bloggers to the White House. Journalists and librarians share a common interest in providing our audiences with balanced and authoritative resources. April and Sarah will discuss the current landscape for journalists and how we can both stay afloat in this volatile sea of misinformation and continue to provide our communities with the information they can depend on. You won't want to miss this!

Already registered for the conference? No worries! You can fill out the Meals Only Registration form here: https://ola.memberclicks.net/ola-conf--meals-special-events-only-2017#/

You will need to login to Memberclicks and fill out that form.

If that doesn't work, please contact Jenkins Lumpkin for registration questions. Jenkins can be reached most easily by email at jenkins.h.lumpkin at gmail.com.

If you are still pulling your registration together overall, you can simply add PLD banquet to your registration. ​

The deadline to register for this banquet to ensure we have our catering order in on time is April 14.

You do not need to be a member of PLD to attend our party, I  mean banquet. But we’d love to have you join us as a member as we work to strengthen our network in public libraries.
More information about PLD and membership can be found here:

https://ola.memberclicks.net/public-library-division

Looking forward to seeing you at OLA, and hopefully at our banquet, too!

Hillary Ostlund | Manager, Library Service Design & Delivery
PLD Board Member, 2015 - 2017
City of Hillsboro | Hillsboro Public Library
Desk 503-615-6560 | Library 503-615-6500 | hillary.ostlund at hillsboro-oregon.gov