[Libs-Or] Invitation to Participate in Understanding Empathy in the Profession

Abigail Phillips abigail.phillips at usu.edu
Mon May 15 19:08:45 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in a research study we are conducting to explore the dynamic use of empathy in the professional contexts of American museums and libraries.

Participating in this research means completing a short (15 minutes) online survey about your perceptions of empathy in the profession. Participants in this study, American museum professionals and librarians, are invited to take part in a short online survey composed of 9 questions: 5 multiple-choice questions concerning “empathy,” and 4 multiple-choice demographic questions. The conclusion of the survey will contain an optional appointment scheduling for an online or in-person follow-up interview with the researchers.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would complete the survey at this URL:

https://usu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e3gZA2ypg8d4Jrn

Completing this survey is, of course, completely voluntary, and you may withdraw from the study at any time with no negative consequences. Your responses will be kept completely confidential and stored securely. If you have any questions about this study, you can contact us by email or by telephone.

Sincerely,

Abigail L. Phillips, PhD

abigail.phillips at usu.edu<mailto:abigail.phillips at usu.edu>

(431) 737-0072

Laura-Edythe Coleman, PhD

lcolem24 at jhu.edu<mailto:lcolem24 at jhu.edu>

(386) 965-8208

Abigail Phillips

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences

Utah State University

Twitter: @abigailleigh

Website: abigailleighphillips.com