[Libs-Or] Oregon libraries won big last night!

John Schoppert JSchoppert at cgcc.edu
Wed May 17 12:21:53 PDT 2017

Great news! Excellent work by all involved.
John

John Schoppert, MLS
Director of Library Services
Columbia Gorge Community College
400 East Scenic Dr.
The Dalles, OR. 97058-3434
541-506-6080
jschoppert at cgcc.edu
http://www.cgcc.edu/library

>>> Penelope Hummel <penny at pennyhummel.com> 5/17/2017 6:39 AM >>>
>I’m sure the state library will report on the official results later
today, but I just have to say: SUCH good news for our Oregon libraries
at the ballot box yesterday! Can I get a witness?

Tillamook County Library levy: passed at 61.25%. Way to knock it out of
the ballpark, Tillamook County!

Josephine County Library district: passed at 52.55%. Yes, that’s right…
after a decade of effort, public funding is finally returning to
libraries in Josephine County. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound…

Congratulations to the committed library supporters and amazing library
staff in these communities—and to the voters who did the right thing.
Sara Charlton and Kate Lasky, you make us ALL proud.

Penny Hummel
Penny Hummel Consulting
penny at pennyhummel.com
503.890.0494