[Libs-Or] Civics for Adults next week

Donna Cohen dcohen at dcoheninfo.com
Wed May 17 12:34:41 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

Here is what's coming up next week. I'm in the extended metro area.

Misinformation, Fake News and Political Propaganda

We are overwhelmed with messages from politicians, news sources and other
media. Learn to distinguish truth from fiction using critical thinking
strategies. The workshop uses real world examples of political ads, news
headlines, logical fallacies, graphs / charts, the effect of word choice in
messaging, statistical data and other types of information in a "what do you
see here? / what is missing?" type of format. The last part is about finding
accurate information. The goal is to help people become their own
"factchecker".

Sun. May 21             3:00-4:30      Northwest Branch MCL    2300 NW
Thurman PDX

Weds. May 24           6:30-8:00      Sherwood Library              22560 SW
Pine St  Sherwood

Fri. May 26               6:30-8:00      Estacada PL
475 SE Main Street Estacas

Hope to see you.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MEd, MLIS

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

citizen at civicthinker.net

Civics for Adults Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire
Political Engagement

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"The most important political office is that of the private citizen."
Justice Louis Brandeis