[Libs-Or] OLA SSD 2017 conference registration now open!

OLA SSD Conference Committee olassdconference at gmail.com
Tue May 30 13:59:45 PDT 2017

*Hello from OLA SSD!We're delighted to announce that registration for the
OLA SSD (SupportStaff Division) 2017 conference is now open! Use this link
to view oursessions and our fantastic speakers for the conference Fri July
28, check out the delicious menu, get lodging info, and of course,
register:http://ola.memberclicks.net/ssd-conf-registration-2017
<http://ola.memberclicks.net/ssd-conf-registration-2017> This year's theme
is "Making field goals: adapting and thriving in library service". We’re
headed south for a field day at the University of Oregon in beautiful
Eugene! Lodging will be at the campus dorms and includes dinner Thursday-
this is a great deal! The conference isFriday July 28th from 8:00am-4:00pm.
Your registration includes your choice of sessions, full breakfast, lunch
AND an afternoon snack.----------Based on your feedback from last year,
we're thrilled to welcome back Evan Dumas, this year as our keynote! Start
the day off with listening to him speak on ""How Not to Burn Out" or
"Whoops, too late, now what?" We have a FANTASTIC group of experts ready to
speak to you on many diverse subjects (full list below)! Also based on your
feedback, we're continuing with a mix of traditional presentations and
panels, with a chance for audience participation. So if you sign up for a
panel, come with your questions and comments!------------$$$$ Looking for
ways to save? If you register before June 17 you can save $$ with Early
Bird registration. If you’re traveling from more than 150 miles (one way),
you may be able to apply for a $50 travel assistance scholarship. Are your
colleagues going? If your library/system registers 3 attendees, the 4th
attendee may be eligible for free registration! To assist with the SSD
scholarship fund, OLA SSD has some fantastic baskets to raffle at the
conference so be sure to bring a little spending money.----------If you
need special accommodations, or have any dietary restrictions please notify
the conference committee co-chairs, Jennifer Patterson, Dillon Peck, and
Justyne Triest at
<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/libs-or>olassdconference at gmail.com
<olassdconference at gmail.com>. Please contact us with any conference
questions you may have anytime atolassdconference at gmail.com
<olassdconference at gmail.com>. Looking forward to seeing you
there!-----------Presenters/Panels:-Keynote Speaker Evan Dumas - “"How Not
to Burn Out" or "Whoops, too late, now what?"” **Breakout sessions
1:-Presentation- Responding to and Assisting People with Unique Needs -
Presented by Elise Thompson-Panel/Interactive- Make the Most of Your Day:
Scheduling the Easy Way! - Presented by Jessica Rondema, Jennifer
Patterson, and Bryan Lee Feyerherm **Breakout sessions 2:-Presentation-
Misinformation and Political Propaganda - Presented by Donna Cohen
-Panel/Interactive- Three Perspectives on Accessibility: Bring your
Challenges! - Presented by Elke Bruton, Wendy Beck, and Bryce Kozla
 **Breakout sessions 3:-Presentation- How well are you adapting to change?
- Presented by Tracey Letmate-Panel/Interactive- Serving Vulnerable
Populations - Panelists include Kate Schwab, Crystal Grimes/Kate
Anderson-Presentation- Day in the Life - Presented Rachel Kenny, Sami
Kerzel, Dillon
Peck___________________________________________________*Oregon Library
Association Support Staff Division (OLA SSD) **2017 Conference
Committee*olassdconference at gmail.com <olassdconference at gmail.com> *For more
information and to connect with us:*http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/
<http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/>https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision
<https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision> and Event page: