[Libs-Or] Focus Groups for CE Needs Assessment

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu Nov 2 15:33:14 PDT 2017

Greetings!

(Please pardon duplicate postings - we want to reach as many people as possible!)

As most of you may recall, the State Library of Oregon has contracted with  Infopeople to help us determine the continuing education/professional development (CE/PD) needs of the Oregon library community. Last month library staff throughout Oregon had the opportunity to complete an online survey - this month we want to invite staff to participate in online focus groups to gather feedback from different audiences on priority training needs, developing trends, and other continuing education-related concerns.

The schedule is as follows:

*         Public library staff (except directors): November 9 (Thursday) at 10:00a

*         Academic library directors and staff (all levels): November 14 (Tuesday) at 10:00a

*         Public library directors: November 16  (Thursday) at 10:00a

The focus groups will be held online using GoToMeeting. They will take less than 45-minutes and should be fun!

If you can attend at the assigned time above, please RSVP to Brenda at brenda at infopeople.org<mailto:brenda at infopeople.org> and indicate which focus group you will be attending. Brenda will follow-up and send you details about how to connect and how to log in anonymously.

Please note that participation is limited and depending on the number of responses, it may turn out that not everyone who RSVPs will be able to attend. If you're interested, you're encouraged to respond as quickly as possible :)

Thanks in advance for considering our invitation to share your expertise!

Cheers,

Darci Hanning, MLIS
Technology Development Consultant
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>