[Libs-Or] job title

ALEXANDER Margaret Margaret.Alexander at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Oct 4 13:23:02 PDT 2017

In our library, the Library Director oversees all Library operations and services, at the top of our organization chart.  Our Library Managers oversee specific areas under the Director - Adult or Children's Services, Customer Relations, Technology & Facilities, Technical Services, Circulation, Branches.  They have a good deal of experience in their areas of assignment, but Circulation and CR do not require a Library degree.  Senior Librarians, in our system, are our Librarian IIs.  They have responsibility for program areas within work units - programming in Adult Services, for example, or assistant supervisor in Children's services.  This does require an MLIS.  All of these positions have other staff reporting to them.  YMMMV, of course, depending on the size of your organization.

-Margaret

Margaret Alexander
Librarian Manager, Technology & Facilities
Eugene Public Library
100 w. 10th Ave
Eugene, OR
541-682-6015