[Libs-Or] DVD Kwik Cases up for grabs

Adam Carlson Adam.Carlson at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Mon Oct 23 16:25:17 PDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

We're getting RFID gates here in McMinnville and will be removing our security cases from all of our DVD collection. We have about 3,800 of the Gressco<https://kwikcase.com/kwik-case/kwik-case-security-cases.html> thin DVD II Kwik Case model, and 140 of the extra capacity cases. We also have four (4) of the magnetic detachers that unlock the cases for checkout.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D34C1B.82272DB0][cid:image002.jpg at 01D34C1B.82272DB0][cid:image003.jpg at 01D34C1B.82272DB0]

Below and attached is a picture of one of our cases. Notice that we have placed labels on all the cases to cover our barcodes and indicate to our patrons the DVDs need to be taken to the front desk for checkout. You may need to modify this or remove the labels for your own use.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D34C1B.82272DB0]

If you'd like some or all of the cases we plan to be packing them up this Saturday, October 28th from 9-noon.

You would need to pick these up either in several loads or with a U-Haul. I estimate this will take up about 50-55 medium sized boxes total (if you take them all). We are currently working on gathering boxes for this. We'd love it if you can pick them up right as we pack them up on the 28th (to avoid having to store them). But if the weekend doesn't work, we could probably hold them for you until Monday, the 30th.

Please let me know if you're interested and follow up with any questions ASAP.

Adam Carlson
Circulation Supervisor
McMinnville Public Library
(503) 435-5556