[Libs-Or] Emporia State University - SLIM - Doctor of Philosophy program

Pierina Parise pparise at emporia.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:19:46 PDT 2017

Greetings,

We are accepting applications to the Emporia State University, School of Library and Information Management, Doctor of Philosophy degree program through March 1, 2018. Applicants (depending on when a complete application is received) will be notified either by January 1 or May 1, 2018.  There is a  detailed application acceptance-review-notification schedule available online.  Accepted students will begin this Ph.D. program in fall 2018.

http://www.emporia.edu/slim/prospectivestudents/applying/applying-for-doctor-of-philosophy.html

We also announce a new opportunity beginning in fall 2018, which we are referring to as the ESU SLIM Ph.D. Student Award Package. There will be award packages to two students.   Eligible individuals for these awards must first be accepted by the SLIM faculty in the Doctor of Philosophy degree program, complete all the ESU admission requirements and be found eligible for a graduate degree. Selected students will be awarded an ESU graduate assistantship award with tuition waiver that requires 20 hours work per week for a full semester and an employment contract ($20,000) at SLIM that requires 20 hours worked per week for 12 months. Selected students will work at ESU SLIM Emporia, KS having opportunities to gain professional experience through teaching, conducting research with SLIM faculty, and/or administrative assistant duties. Awards are renewable for up to four years.

For more information about this ESU SLIM’s Doctor of Philosophy degree program, please visit the website and/or contact me.  I’ll be happy to communicate with you.  Thank you.

http://www.emporia.edu/slim/programs/doctorofphilosophy.html

Mirah J. Dow, BSE, MLS, PhD
Professor, Director, Ph.D. Program

STEM-ALL, Director and Co-PI
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
mdow at emporia.edu
620-341-5203
www.emporia.edu/slim<https://www.emporia.edu/slim>