[Libs-Or] FW: [Calix] Mental Health Training Videos Are A Hit!

Penelope Hummel penny at pennyhummel.com
Thu Sep 28 20:38:13 PDT 2017

A great resource from our California library colleagues!

Penny Hummel

Penny Hummel Consulting

penny at pennyhummel.com

503.890.0494

www.pennyhummel.com

From: Calix <calix-bounces at listserv.cla-net.org> on behalf of Jeremy Wilson <jwilson at socallibraries.org>
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:03 PM
To: "calix at listserv.cla-net.org" <calix at listserv.cla-net.org>
Subject: [Calix] Mental Health Training Videos Are A Hit!

Good afternoon!

The newly produced mental health training videos were launched yesterday. In a little more than 24 hours the videos have been viewed 587 times! I know how full email inboxes can get, so I wanted to re-send the announcement in case you missed it yesterday. Please continue to share these videos with your fellow library colleagues. Here are a few comments about the videos we have received yesterday after the launch:

"This is amazing!! We will show them at our next staff meetings."

"This is wonderful!"

"These are great!"

"Library staff have been waiting for this kind of training resource. Can't wait to share it!"

The primary purpose of the California State Library's (CSL) Mental Health Initiative is to offer training opportunities to all public library staff. One of the major training components is an 8-part video series, produced by CSL in partnership with Los Angeles Public Library and Los Angeles County Library.

We are pleased to announce six of the videos are now available on YouTube, with the final two episodes to be released in the next few weeks. We encourage you to use these videos as part of your staff development. Please let your entire staff know they're available.

We hope you enjoy the videos and find them helpful.

Episode 1 https://youtu.be/JnHH_EDRlZg
Episode 2 https://youtu.be/Jpkh41BL0oY
Episode 3 https://youtu.be/P99gdETQ1fU
Episode 4 https://youtu.be/RiSU9OdtoHg