[Libs-Or] Oregon Scholarship Opportunity for ARSL Conference and NLM Pre-Conference
darci.hanning at state.or.us
Tue Apr 3 09:45:30 PDT 2018
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) have partnered to offer a $500 scholarship for the 2018 ARSL Conference<https://arsl.info/2018-conference/> in Springfield, Illinois from Sept. 13th through Sept. 15th. Additionally, the State Library of Oregon will be matching this scholarship with an additional $500 (for a total of $1000).
The scholarship recipient must be from a public library serving less than 15,000 and agrees to attend both the Stand Up for Health: Health and Wellness Services for Your Community<https://arsl.info/pre-conference-alert-stand-up-for-health-health-and-wellness-services-for-your-community/> pre-conference on Wednesday, Sept. 12th from 9:00a – 5:00p and the rest of the regular conference (Thursday through Saturday). Please read below for additional requirements.
Deadline: Online applications<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRSW8RV> (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRSW8RV) will be accepted through Friday, April 27th. The selected recipient will be notified via email by May 4th.
* Applicants must be a staff member from a legally established public library serving a population of 15,000 or less in Oregon (based on 2015-16 Public Library statistics<https://www-auth.oregon.egov.com/osl/LD/Pages/statsploregon.aspx>).
* Selected recipient agrees to attend both the Stand Up for Health pre-conference on Wednesday, Sept. 12th and the rest of the ARSL conference (Sept. 13th through Sept. 15th).
* Selected recipient must commit to a conference report by December 15, 2018. Options include a visual or written report that the State Library of Oregon can share, an article for publication (e.g., OLA Hotline) with a copy submitted to the State Library, or presenting on a State Library hosted webinar. Applicants will have the opportunity propose alternate reporting methods as well.
* Scholarship works on a reimbursement process. Selected recipient will be required to submit a travel reimbursement form (provided by the State Library) with copies of receipts for claimed expenses: conference registration, travel (including airfare, parking, shuttles, taxis, etc.), lodging, and meals. Reimbursement form must be mailed to the State Library, postmarked no later than October 31, 2018.
* Scholarship funds cannot be used to cover any association membership fees.
* Scholarship funds cannot used to cover costs incurred by family members or friends who accompany recipient to the conference.
ARSL received a grant from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) to encourage librarians from small and rural public libraries to attend the Stand Up for Health pre-conference. The ARSL conference committee decided to use the money to provide one $500 scholarship to each state.
The State Library of Oregon is coordinating the selection of one library staff person from Oregon for this scholarship. Additionally, the State Library is matching this scholarship with an additional $500 for a total of $1000 to be applied to expenses: conference registration, travel (including airfare, parking, shuttles, taxis, etc.), lodging, and meals.
Questions? Please contact Darci Hanning (darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> or 503-378-2527).
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Technology Development Consultant
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
Ask me about the Edge Initiative<http://oregonedge.net/>!
[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 15548 bytes
More information about the Libs-Or