[Libs-Or] Disposal of discarded books?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Mon Apr 16 10:53:15 PDT 2018

Any tips on tried and true services for disposing of large amounts of discarded items? Our Friends group was having great success with Discover Books, but apparently they've pulled out of our area. We've also tried Better World Books, but they closed our account because not enough of our books were in desirable condition -- they seem to have tightened up their standards as of late.

The thing we really loved about Discover Books is that they'd give us bins to fill and we could just chuck anything we didn't want in there. Are there any other similar services that folks have used? Right now it seems like our only options are Goodwill and the recycling bin.

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Highway 101 #201