[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase post: Teresa Lucas, Adulting 101: Know Your Audience

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:11:21 PDT 2018

Have you heard of the famous Adulting 101 program at North Bend Public
Library? You may have since it received nationwide media attention last
year, and has been replicated at many other libraries.  NBPL Assistant
Director Teresa Lucas has written an article about her library’s surprising
experience with this original program that helped teens prepare for life as
adults.  Please download and read, “Adulting 101: Know Your Audience,”
here:

https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol23/iss4/4/

>From Teresa’s article, “The event post on our library’s Facebook page
started a ripple effect that took us by surprise. We had Facebook likes and
shares from tens of thousands of viewers. People were emailing and phoning
our City Administrator, Library Director, and the library for more
information. The local television station saw the post, called for an
interview, and covered the first program. There were radio interviews. We
had electronic inquiries and phone calls from across the country and then
some. The American Library Association’s Programming Librarian asked for an
article (Lucas, 2017). Adulting 101 was even mentioned on the morning talk
show LiveKellyandRyan (Adulting 101 for Millenials [sic], 2017)!

Feel free to contact Teresa, and our other authors, if you are interested
in learning more about their programs.
Thank you,
Charles Wood
OLA Communications