[Libs-Or] PNC MLA 2018 Annual Meeting: Call for Panelists & Proposals!

Ann Madhavan albm at uw.edu
Mon Apr 30 12:18:39 PDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D3E07D.5DCA7700]

We have two exciting calls for panelists and proposals for the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (PNC/MLA) Annual Meeting October 14-16, 2018 at the Montvale Event Center in Spokane, WA .  For our program outline, see our website at https://pncmla.org/PNCMLA-2018-Program This meeting is an excellent opportunity for librarians and information professionals in our region to come together and share their recent projects, solutions and best practices.

Call for Panelists

The Future of Libraries Program will be held on Tuesday, October 16, 2018. During the program, a moderator and several panelists will discuss trends and predictions about changes and developments within the field of librarianship. We value diverse perspectives on the panel from different types of libraries and individuals who can bring a fresh voice on future impacts in libraries.

Submit your applications at https://goo.gl/forms/l8PMNk9vBAWzUiMm1
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_forms_l8PMNk9vBAWzUiMm1&d=DwMGaQ&c=C3yme8gMkxg_ihJNXS06ZyWk4EJm8LdrrvxQb-Je7sw&r=-tiqfI5JK2WFkzkenlADnDWlI5xWbA9qmgEwqBXYh98&m=R687XQrnoCJ8maR-Ry03R4ZSeEacZk2o9Bx12Vz5waA&s=Pm6JFKQGzt1qvJu1T-CXRoQrNxYJvZcPR994nHvSNCo&e=>Deadline is Friday, June 1st, 2018.
Notifications of acceptance will be made by Tuesday July 10, 2018.

The PNC/MLA Annual Meeting Planning Committee will review each submission and select panelists based on their proposed topics, experience, and overall balance to the panel. Submission Guidelines can be found at https://bit.ly/2JjbRoH<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bit.ly_2JjbRoH&d=DwMGaQ&c=C3yme8gMkxg_ihJNXS06ZyWk4EJm8LdrrvxQb-Je7sw&r=-tiqfI5JK2WFkzkenlADnDWlI5xWbA9qmgEwqBXYh98&m=R687XQrnoCJ8maR-Ry03R4ZSeEacZk2o9Bx12Vz5waA&s=SXnyZKE_5RKWiiyMfpQLQdjLmCVAQre80LawuIGteFE&e=>.

Contact Kathryn Vela at kathryn.vela at wsu.edu<mailto:kathryn.vela at wsu.edu> or Electra Enslow at electra.enslow at wsu.edu<mailto:electra.enslow at wsu.edu> with panelist questions.

Call for Proposals

We invite proposals for paper presentations, posters/exhibits, and lightning talks. Contributed papers will follow a 10 minute presentation, 5 minute question format, to be presented on October 15th and 16th. Posters will be presented Monday, October 15, 2018 in the late afternoon, and will be limited in size to 3’ x 4’. Lightning talks are brief, five minute presentations and are an excellent fit for project updates, technology or service ideas, and spirited or controversial questions for the profession.

Submit your applications at https://goo.gl/forms/ITP6IKGVodHNaB8E3
Deadline is Friday, June 1, 2018.
Notifications of acceptance will be made by Tuesday July 10, 2018.

Contact daina.dickman at gmail.com<mailto:daina.dickman at gmail.com> with proposal questions.

About PNC/MLA

The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (PNC/MLA) was established in October 1953 as a regional group, becoming an official chapter of the Medical Library Association (MLA) in October 1978. We are an organization of librarians and information professionals promoting excellence in the delivery of health sciences information and committed to promoting professional excellence among health care information providers.

Ann Madhavan MSLIS
Research and Data Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific NW Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155, Seattle, WA 98195-7155 / http://nnlm.gov/pnr
albm at uw.edu<mailto:albm at uw.edu> / Skype: annmadhavan3 / Phone: 206.616.7283