[Libs-Or] Political Messages on Libs-OR

Tony tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:29:08 PDT 2018

Colin Rea pointed out that the recent appeals for support for the Wallowa County Library District might violate Oregon Law, ORS 260.432.  My reading of that law is that government employees  cannot be forced to engage in political activity (no problem here) and appeals for money or support cannot be made while the person who is asking for the support or money is at work in a government position.  So don't ask on the job.  I don't see anything about reading the messages on the job.

As for the Libs-OR rule (who knew Libs-OR had rules?)...it's time to change that rule.

Tony Greiner

Primo and Alma: Making WorldCat Local Look Good
**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**