[Libs-Or] Job Opportunity: Spanish Collection Development Librarian, Hillsboro Public Library

Molly Brandt Molly.Brandt at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Sat Aug 18 12:16:37 PDT 2018

We're excited to be recruiting for a Librarian (PT) to focus on Spanish-language Collection Development. Details below, and at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro/jobs/2182577/librarian-spanish-collection-development

Please take a look and share!

Position:  Librarian - Spanish Collection Development
Department:  Library

Pay Range 23: $26.51 - $34.89 per hour depending on qualifications.
Part-time, non-exempt position.
Close: August 31, 2018

Hillsboro Public Library is seeking an exceptional Librarian to focus on our Spanish-language collections and services. We are seeking someone who is excited about working in a forward-thinking culture and who is passionate about providing outstanding service to our diverse community. If you've always wanted to work in an innovative environment, for a vibrant and thriving organization that supports your professional growth and creativity, this could be the job for you!

Our Librarians are sleuths at heart who go beyond the first layer when patrons have questions, and then share that expertise with coworkers to help to train a collaborative group of public services staff. With approximately 20% of Hillsboro population speaking Spanish at home, this position will have a very heavy focus on Spanish-language materials and services in addition to providing direct public service. You will have the opportunity to attend the annual Guadalajara International Book Fair<https://www.fil.com.mx/ingles/i_info/i_info_fil.asp> in 2018, where we purchase amazing Spanish-language materials for our community. Your role will not only be to select the materials, but also to help in marketing and providing services around the materials.
Working under the general supervision of our Collection Development Supervisor, you will work at our Brookwood and Shute Park Library locations, as well as out in the community. You will serve diverse patrons by developing collections to engage and delight readers; design and implement programs and services; and answer all types of patron questions. All in all, an amazing Librarian opportunity!

Read the complete position description and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hillsboro/jobs/2182577/librarian-spanish-collection-development

Molly Brandt | Library Support Supervisor, Cultivate
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library
phone 503-615-6500 | email molly.brandt at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:molly.brandt at hillsboro-oregon.gov>
www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) |www.wccls.org
Please note: my work week is Tuesday-Saturday