[Libs-Or] Seeking nominations for Intellectual Freedom Champion Award

Krista Reynolds kmreynolds at cu-portland.edu
Wed Dec 5 16:15:18 PST 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D3740D.4628EB40]

Intellectual Freedom Champion Award 2019 - Nominations Open

Do you know an Intellectual Freedom Champion?  Intellectual Freedom Champions can be in any type of library or they might not work in a library at all.  IF Champions stand up for the principles of intellectual freedom and help to protect our rights to read and research, help preserve our access to information, and maintain our privacy.  The award is given in recognition of the contribution made by an individual, institution, or group that has actively promoted or defended intellectual freedom in Oregon.

The Intellectual Freedom Committee of the Oregon Library Association is now accepting nominations for the next IF Champion Award to be presented at the April 2019 OLA/WLA Conference.  Nominations are due no later than Monday, February 11, 2019.

The nomination form is attached, along with more details about the nomination process (see page 2).  For more information, visit the Intellectual Freedom Committee IF Champion web page<http://www.olaweb.org/if-champion>.  If you have questions about the award or nominations, please contact the co-chairs<mailto:ifc.chair at olaweb.org> of the OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee.

Thank you!

Krista Reynolds, IFC co-chair