[Libs-Or] Join ACRL-Oregon for its first webinar - Critical Library Management on 1/11/19 from 2-3pm

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Thu Dec 6 12:23:05 PST 2018

ACRL-Oregon is piloting offering webinars on topics relevant to academic
library workers. While this will later be a member benefit, for the pilot
period, we are opening the webinars up to any Oregon library staff who wish
to participate.

Our first webinar is “Critical Library Management” and will be presented by
Candise Branum, Director of Library Services at the Oregon College of
Oriental Medicine and Molly Gunderson, Access Services Manager at Portland
State University on Friday, January 11th from 2-3pm Pacific.

Critical Library Management

Oregon libraries work to meet the information needs of our communities, a
mission that is dependent on teamwork. Library managers are tasked with
leading, supporting and developing the teams that serve our communities.
Social justice and critical theory are frameworks that are often discussed
within library practice, but are only starting to be applied to library
management practice. The more we discuss social justice, the more apparent
it is that inclusion and equity are essential aspects of library
management. The goal is for audience members to think critically about
their own management practice and consider ways of improving equity and in
their own organizations.

Registration is open to any Oregon library staff, but we are limited to 100
attendees in the session, so register soon!

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/5b1e973165ad47f54ac87b605f06faf5

We also plan to record the webinar and make it available on our website
after the live broadcast.

Questions about our webinar pilot can be directed to ACRL-Oregon President
Meredith Farkas at acrlor at olaweb.org.