[Libs-Or] Calling All Techies!

Rachel Kenny rayrebkenny at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:51:23 PST 2018

*** PLEASE FORWARD TO ANYONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED ***

Calling All Techies!

I have the honor of guest-editing the Spring 2019 issue of *Oregon Library
Association Quarterly (OLAQ). *This issue's theme will be "The New
Organization of Things." It's been awhile since we have had an issue
dedicated solely to cataloging and metadata, and we are all dying to hear
what you've been up to!

Has your library recently migrated to a new system? Are you deploying any
unconventional cataloging methods? How has the emergence of critical
librarianship affected cataloging principles? How has your institution
adapted to new standards, new media, and new job titles?

Not a cataloger? No problem! We are looking for articles regarding
cataloging and metadata from all perspectives -- students, managers,
systems and acquisitions staff, and others. If you are interested, please
email a brief, 150-word proposal to rayrebkenny at gmail.com.

Article proposal deadline: March 1st
First draft deadline: April 1st
Final publication goal: May 15th

Articles average 1500 to 2500 words and use APA citation style. If you need
a bit of help getting your article ready to publish, *OLAQ *has an
incredible editorial support team who are all happy to help! The *OLA
Quarterly* is indexed by Library Literature & Information Science and
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts. Full text of the *OLAQ
*is also available through HW Wilson's Library Literature and Information
Science Full Text and EBSCO Publishing's Library, Information Science and
Technology Abstracts (LISTA) with Full Text.

For more information about what an *OLAQ *article is like, you can read
current or archived issues at:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/

Author instructions can be found here:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/author_instructions.html