[Libs-Or] OLA Mentor Match program

OLA Mentor mentor at olaweb.org
Mon Feb 5 12:02:51 PST 2018

Are you an early-career librarian, with fewer than five years experience in
libraries and a strong interest in professional development? A mentor
relationship might be right for you!

The OLA Leadership Round Table supports new librarians with the mentor
match program <http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program>, designed to match
librarians with fewer than five years of experience with more seasoned
mentors, who can providing feedback and suggestions for your professional
development goals.

The requirements for mentees (those being mentored) are:

   -

   Be a member of OLA
   -

   Hold an MLS/MLIS/MSLIS/SLIM degree of the equivalent and/or have been in
   a professional library position for fewer than five years
   -

   Currently be working in a library in some capacity (includes
   volunteering, paraprofessional, professional)

For more information and to apply, visit the OLA mentorship site
<http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program>.

Potential mentors:

We have received such great response to our recent call for mentors with
experience serving teens! We have matched that mentee with a mentor, but we
will keep your information ready for the next early career librarian who
would like to be matched with someone who has your background.

For any other potential mentor who has worked in libraries (or related
organizations) for five or more years and has a desire to support,
encourage and guide new professionals, please visit the OLA mentorship site
<http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program> for more information and to add your
name to our potential mentor list through the mentor application.

Have questions? Contact us at mentor at olaweb.org