[Libs-Or] FW: prison libraries

Eva Calcagno Calcagno at wccls.org
Tue Jan 16 11:23:37 PST 2018

A while back there was a Libs-or thread about prison libraries and what types of materials were banned, or not. I saw this article in the NY Times over the weekend and thought I'd share.  There is a note at the end of the article stating that Gov. Cuomo is reviewing the "flawed" New York policy.  Yeah!

Eva Calcagno, WCCLS

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/opinion/books-prison-packages-new-york.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0