[Libs-Or] Job Postings: Youth Services Supervisor - Beaverton City Library 3/15/18 & summer temporary positions

Victoria Campbell vcampbell at beavertonoregon.gov
Fri Mar 2 16:26:15 PST 2018

We are excited to announce a brand new positon within Beaverton City Library's Youth Service Division. Read on and share...

Youth<https://oregonstatelibraryjobline.com/2018/02/16/on-call-library-assistant-posted-2-16/> Services Supervisor
Closes: 3/15/18

Are you an energetic and motivated leader who is eager to work in a fun and lively work environment with a dynamic Youth Services team? Are you passionate about mentoring staff to help them reach their highest potential? Do you keep up with current library trends and possess an insatiable curiosity and drive to continue learning and building skills? Do you consider yourself an innovative and forward-thinking supervisor that is crazy about working with kids and teens? Beaverton City Library has a perfect job for you!
Beaverton City Library is seeking an enthusiastic and creative leader to serve as our Youth Services Supervisor. This position oversees daily operations of the Youth Services Division including a staff that places a high value on customer service and provides programs, storytimes, and reader's advisory to our wonderful patrons. The Youth Services Supervisor will work closely with the Youth Services Manager to provide training and guidance to the Youth Services team sharing supervisory responsibilities for 15 employees and seasonal/oncall employees. This is a full time, exempt position with some evening and weekend hours required.
The full job description can be seen at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/1995639/youth-services-supervisor
Temporary Youth Services Reference Assistant
Closes: 3/16/18
Providing reference and reader's advisory at the children's and teen reference desks, Reference Assistants interact with hundreds of patrons each week providing exceptional customer service in a bustling environment.  Additionally, this position will provide 2-3 innovative programs for ages 0-18 per week. The assignment is for approximately 3 months starting in June.
Full job description: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/2003619/temporary-youth-services-reference-assistant?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Summer Reading Reference Assistant
Closes: 3/16/18
The Beaverton City Library and Murray Scholls Branch Library are looking for summer reading champions (one at each location) to join our team for our busiest season of the year. If you are passionate about encouraging summer reading and preventing summer learning loss, thrive in a busy work environment, and excel at providing great customer service, we want to hear from you! These positions will be from May 14, 2018, through August 25, 2018.
Full job description: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/1997323/summer-reading-reference-assistant?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Best,

Victoria Campbell
Youth Services Manager
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th Street | Beaverton, OR  97005

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.