[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase post: Jeremy Skinner, Curry Public Library

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:15:22 PST 2018

Jeremy Skinner has been the Library Director for Curry Public Library since
2014. His latest article describes and analyzes the experience of a rural
Southern Oregon community's relationship to its public library. Please
download and read, "Community Needs-Based Planning for Rural Library
Success," here: https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol23/iss3/4/

>From his article, "As for that Southern Oregon stereotype, our voters
certainly fit the stereotype of being skeptical of paying taxes, but few
taxpayers I have encountered are unwilling to pay taxes when the government
entity in question has proven to be successful in addressing what they
perceive as community needs. Working with this model, I believe Gold Beach
is in the early phases of a renaissance rooted in the library’s community
needs-based planning. Here is our story."

We hope you like it.

Charles Wood
OLA Communications