[Libs-Or] Women of Library History - Remembering Miss Allegra Westbrooks, 1st African-American professional librarian at Charlotte Public Library

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:21:31 PST 2018

This information was sent by Skip Auld to PUBLIB last year.  We thought it
was a good addition to Women of Library History.  Please go to the Tumblr
site for the full quotation and to find links to the StoryCorp interview,
http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/171694294020/i-could-go-to-the-main-library-and-pick-up-books
.
“I could go to the main library and pick up books that the black patrons
needed. They could not go, but I could go, and there was a back entrance
that I could go in so I would not disturb the apple cart. […]
-------
This is the last day for sending in submissions.

Submissions for Women of Library History are still being accepted through
March 9, 2018.  The ALA SRRT Feminist Task Force (FTF) hosts a blog at
womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com with postings of historic women of
librarianship throughout the month of March, Women's History Month.
Submission information may be found here: http://womenoflibraryhis
tory.tumblr.com/submit2018

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou