[Libs-Or] survey to gather info for conference session 'Lions, Rotarians, and Kiwanians: Oh my!'

Maureen Cole mcole at orcity.org
Mon Mar 12 09:57:55 PDT 2018

Hi everyone:
A year ago Leah Griffith from Newberg Public Library, Bill Baars from Lake Oswego Public Library, and I found ourselves at a Rotary training (what is Rotary<https://www.rotary.org/>?) together. First, we were like 'what are you doing here?' And then we were like 'of course, you're here-Rotary and librarianship have so much in common!'

It was at that point that we decided to propose a session for this year's conference about service organizations and their relationship and benefits to the world and work of libraries. Our proposal was accepted and we encourage you to get this aptly named session on your conference schedule: "Lions, Rotarians, and Kiwanians: Oh my! Why Library Membership in Service Organizations Matters" Friday, April 20th, 11:00 - 11:40am

We also are really curious about who else in the state is involved in a service organization. Or what might be preventing people from joining a service organization, other than just not knowing that service organizations are full of cool people like Leah, Bill, me, and our other panelists Pat Duke and Ted Smith. So I put together this nifty survey to try to discover more about who else out there is/is not involved in service organizations. If you have a few minutes to help out by taking this, we would ever so appreciate it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/librariansinServOrgs

Thanks and have a great week!!

Mo

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org<mailto:mcole at orcity.org>
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010
503-657-3702 fax
Website: www.orcity.org/library<http://www.orcity.org/library>
Follow us on: Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary>https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary
Subscribe to our email newsletter!<http://orcity.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=271f21539981149d9f0576ba6&id=38181f8585>http://orcity.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=271f21539981149d9f0576ba6&id=38181f8585

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the
State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.