[Libs-Or] SLIM online Workshop - From Idea to ISBN: How to Turn Your Every-Day Librarianship into a Scholarship

Pierina Parise pparise at emporia.edu
Tue Mar 13 18:37:06 PDT 2018

From: Kanlib-l [mailto:kanlib-l-bounces at lists.ku.edu] On Behalf Of Wooseob Jeong via Kanlib-l
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:25 AM
To: kanlib-l at lists.ku.edu<mailto:kanlib-l at lists.ku.edu>
Subject: [KANLIB-L 02577] SLIM Workshop - From Idea to ISBN: How to Turn Your Every-Day Librarianship into a Scholarship

Dear all,

Here is another exciting continuing education workshop from SLIM! Joyce Garczynski, the author of "Fundraising: How to Raise Money for Your Library Using Social Media" will discuss how your great ideas can be published. This workshop will be very relevant to not only you but also your patrons who are interested in publishing their ideas. Please, share this with your library users.

This is a fully online class with one 3-hour webinar and two weeks of discussion/Q&A.

Online registration is available at: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=556

Thanks!

[Workshop Information]

May 4-18, 2018 - From Idea to ISBN: How to Turn Your Every-Day Librarianship into a Scholarship

Audience: Librarians and future authors

Date: Friday, May 4, 2018 - Friday, May 18, 2018

Time:
Live Webinar Workshop - Friday, May 4, 2018. 2:00=5:00 pm Central Time.
The session will be recorded for later views for registered participants. After the live workshop session,
the participants will join asynchronous online discussion and Q & A sessions for next two weeks.

Location: Online - Registered participants will be enrolled in a course sell of ESU Canvas.
Further information will be available to registered participants.

Cost: $75 per person

>From Idea to ISBN: How to Turn Your Every-Day Librarianship into a Scholarship

Scholarship can be a daunting part of being a librarian. Questions like, "What should I research?" "Will my proposal be accepted?" "How do I find the time to write" and "How can I get my work noticed?" often come up. In this workshop, Librarian Joyce Garczynski will take attendees through the process she used to turn her passion for library social media fundraising into a book. Attendees will learn how to develop a research agenda, craft a proposal that resonates with reviewers, make the most of their writing time, and market their own scholarly expertise.

Featuring:
Joyce Garczynski is the Assistant University Librarian for Development & Communication at Towson University's Albert S. Cook Library. In this role she teaches communication students about the research process, manages library publicity, and oversees library fundraising efforts. Joyce's scholarship focuses on library social media and she authored the book Fundraising: How to Raise Money for Your Library Using Social Media that was published by Elsevier in 2017. She received her MLS from the University of Maryland's iSchool in 2009 and also holds a Master's Degree in Communication from the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania.

For more information, contact:
Continuing Educations
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
slimce at emporia.edu<mailto:slimce at emporia.edu>