[Libs-Or] Pierce Library’s Night Against Procrastination, by Sarah Ralston, Eastern Oregon University

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:09:07 PDT 2018

Sarah Ralston is an Assistant Professor and instruction librarian at
Eastern Oregon University, and her latest article, "Pierce Library’s Night
Against Procrastination," is now available to download and read here:

https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol23/iss4/7/

"There is a reason we are probably all familiar with the term
"all-nighter," whether we work in academia or elsewhere. The tendency to
procrastinate is so common; most of us are likely to have had the
experience of writing a paper late into the night before it is due or
making a last-ditch attempt to learn concepts the night before a final
exam." Sarah and her colleagues proactively worked against this tendency by
organizing a study event at their library with pizza, waffles, librarians,
faculty members, video games, a miniature horse and more! Please read on to
learn about how they planned the event, the successful outcomes, and advice
and insight that you can use if you plan an event like this at your
library. Please read on to learn more about this enjoyable experience!

Thank you,
Charles Wood
OLA Communications