[Libs-Or] Menasha Research Library

Hannah Contino hcontino at coastlinelibrarynetwork.org
Thu May 10 09:29:31 PDT 2018

Hi!

A few months ago, we had the entire contents of the Menasha Research
Library donated to our library. Unfortunately, mostly due to space, we
can't keep all of it. I've already pulled the items that we intend to add
to our Oregon History collection. I'm now trying to "re-home" the rest of
the collection. The catch is that we don't have the money in our library
budget to pay to ship the items to other libraries or museums.

The collection includes a combination of books, bound research reports,
industry related magazines, and loose documentation. Most of it focuses on
the Pacific Northwest (Oregon in particular), but there is an entire box of
items relating to logging operations in other states and even a few in
other countries. I also have an entire box full of resources about the
logging industry in Washington state.

As a local researcher myself, I can see the value in the collection which
mostly includes out-of-print resources. So, I'd hate for these
irreplaceable resources to end up in the "circular bin." Would any of you
be interested in giving some of these items a good home? Or, do you know
any other organizations or individuals that might be interested?

I don't have a full inventory, but the following is a basic description of
the items that need homes:

Forest Products Journal-- 14 editions from 1988-1994
Random Lengths Yearbook: A Reference to Forest Product Price Trends & Other
Data-- 5 editions 1976-1988
Production, Prices, Employment & Trade in NW Forest Industries-- 1964-2004
Crow's Forest Industry Journal-- 22 editions from 1988-1998

Half a box of resources relating to logging history in Oregon (outside of
Coos County)
A full box of technical publications which includes 3 OSU Thesis's
A full box of resources related to logging and logging history in
Washington state
A full box of resources on logging history in other states (please ask for
details if interested)

Thank you!
--
Hannah Contino