[Libs-Or] Job posting / Employment Opportunity: Managing Librarian - Circulation Supervisor (Baker City, OR)

Perry Stokes director at bakerlib.org
Thu May 10 19:06:05 PDT 2018

We're hiring!

Visitors often remark on how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place
as Baker City, and we agree. Now is your chance to join us! Baker County
Library District is accepting applications from experienced library
professionals and new MLIS graduates interested in serving our rural
community as Managing Librarian.  This rare opportunity is due to the
retirement of one of our veteran staff of 30 years.

Managing Librarian - Circulation & Operations Supervisor.

Salary/Pay Rate: $15.50--$19.20 (DOE, DOQ)

Schedule: 32- 40 hrs ; some evenings & weekends.

This position provides managerial support to ensure effective, efficient
delivery of library services consistent with BCLD standards and policies,
while being alert and responsive to community needs.   Trains, manages and
oversees the work performed in the circulation department at the library;
serves as the authority of circulation policies and procedures; and provides
general supervision to the Circulation Assistants and other assigned staff.
Oversees library facility, scheduling and handles site specific issues along
with district-wide coordination and support. Reports to the Library Director
and participates on the Management Team.

Ideal candidate will demonstrate:

.         Considerable knowledge of Library policies and procedures.

.         Considerable knowledge of library computer systems and
applications including circulation software, Internet, on-line databases,
office software, and e-mail.

.         Working knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.

.         Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom.

.         Basic understanding of MARC and AACR2/RDA cataloging principle

.         Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills

Qualifications: Minimum requirement of Associate's degree or equivalent
certification specializing in library science and operations, or relevant
field. Preference given for Master of Library Science Degree from an
American Library Association accredited school of Librarianship. Must have
some supervisory experience. Any relevant combination of experience and
training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will
be considered.  New MLS graduates encouraged to apply.

Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PERS Retirement, PTO, 10 paid holidays,
Life Insurance

Application Instructions: Obtain an application on BCLD website at
www.bakerlib.org <http://www.bakerlib.org>  or any Baker County library.

Contact Info:
Perry Stokes, Library Director

Email: info at bakerlib.org <mailto:info at bakerlib.org>