[Libs-Or] Two job opportunities: Undergraduate Writing Chair & Part Time Research and Writing Librarian

Krista Reynolds kmreynolds at cu-portland.edu
Thu Nov 8 16:31:44 PST 2018

**Apologies for cross posting

The Concordia University Libraries in Portland, OR are excited to announce openings for two new positions, due to expansion of our services to include our writing and content tutoring.  Among other things, we are proud of our Personal Librarian Program<http://libguides.cu-portland.edu/personal_librarian>, OER initiative<http://libguides.cu-portland.edu/OER>, Multicultural Arts and Events Program<https://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/libraries/library-calendar>, and the university's development of the 3toPHd<https://www.3tophd.org/> program. We are known on campus for our innovation, dedication to student success, and community-building programming. Internally, we value collegiality and mutual support. Learn more about us on the Libraries' About page<https://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/libraries/about>.

Undergraduate Writing Chair/Assistant Professor

The following are the main duties:
Teaching:
*         Teaches WR 308 Advanced Research Writing
*         Coordinates and teaches courses in the Summer Bridge Program
*         Answers research and writing questions virtually and in-person
*         Collaborates with faculty librarians to deliver joint programming
*         Creates videos, tutorials, and modules to help students develop their reading/writing skills

Program management:

*         Supervises and mentors student tutors

*         Coordinates writing tutoring with other writing initiatives that support a diverse student population

*         Provides program assessment

*         Develops outreach and promotion for writing and tutoring services

Link to the full job announcement: https://bit.ly/2OsT4c1
________________________________

Research and Writing Librarian (Part Time)

Are you a librarian looking for a 15 hour per week part time position?

The following are the main duties:

*         Reference and writing instruction

o   Provides proactive, user centered reference and writing instruction in-person and via email, chat, phone, or other means

*         Communication

o   Communicates and meets with writing chairs, head of reference and instruction, and faculty librarians

o   Assists in developing, planning, implementing, promoting, and assessing instructional programs

Link to the full job announcement: http://bit.ly/PT_Rsch_Lib

We look forward to hearing from you!

Krista Reynolds, MLIS, M.Ed.
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Head of Library Reference and Instruction
Concordia University
t 503-493-6246   f 503-280-8697
2811 NE Holman Street   Portland, OR 97211
www.cu-portland.edu<http://www.cu-portland.edu/>

[GRWLLC Email Header_091208 (2)]