[Libs-Or] WCCLS is hiring a Program Supervisor - posting closes 11/25

Lisa Tattersall LisaT at wccls.org
Mon Nov 12 08:07:13 PST 2018

Hello all!

WCCLS is hiring a Program Supervisor (all the details below). The posting closes on 11/25. Questions? Let me know!

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa Tattersall
Manager, Cooperative Library Services
lisat at wccls.org<mailto:lisat at wccls.org> | 503-846-3233

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/jobs/2257478/library-program-supervisor

As the Library program supervisor you will actively collaborate with colleagues in leadership at WCCLS to develop a culture of collaboration, outcome-based work, continuous improvement, and an engaged workforce. In this role, you will assist the Cooperative Library Services Manager in developing and achieving strategic priorities for the Cooperative. Furthermore, your role will include supervising and supporting staff by connecting them to the Cooperative's strategic priorities and ensuring that they are provided with the training and tools they need to be successful. Additionally, you will evaluate, assess, and improve project and operational effectiveness to ensure we are meeting our strategic priorities.

The Library Program Supervisor currently supervises the Collections and Adult Services (CAS) Program. This program consists of two Librarians, a Senior Library Assistant, and a variable hour Senior Library Assistant all who assist in providing a wide range of services to WCCLS member libraries and library users. The CAS staff manages the centralized digital content collection and online resources for the Cooperative. In addition, this team manages the provision of interlibrary loan services for the Cooperative, orders additional copies of popular materials (books and DVDs) to reduce wait times, coordinates the annual adult summer reading program, and facilitates the work of the countywide Adult Services Committee. Furthermore, CAS staff is responsible for WCCLS digital engagement activities, which include email marketing, social media, and coordinating the use of our discovery layer for readers' advisory.

WCCLS is excited about embarking on a comprehensive strategic planning process. The end result may include a shift in the division of responsibilities for this position.