[Libs-Or] Save the Date: OASL/OLA Legislative Day 2019

Kate Lasky klasky at josephinelibrary.org
Thu Nov 15 16:54:44 PST 2018

SAVE THE DATE
OASL/OLA Legislative Day 2019
Advocate for Libraries!

Tuesday, February 12
Oregon State Capitol
Salem, Oregon
7:30am to 3:30pm

During OASL/OLA Legislative Day, librarians and volunteers meet with their legislators to advocate for libraries. The OLA Library Development and Legislative Committee will schedule trainings, sign-ups, and more in January. For now, SAVE THE DATE.

AND DONATE! We need new children's books for the Legislative Day book giveaway. During OLA Legislative Day, your legislators will choose books from your donations to give to their local libraries - it's a great way to encourage engagement and share the value for libraries. Please select books that highlight ORCA<https://www.olaweb.org/orca> or Beverly Cleary Children's Choice Award<https://ola.memberclicks.net/bccca-past-winners> (or your personal favorite). Picture books are the most popular for folks who want to select something not on either of these lists.

The State Library will be storing our donated books until Legislative Day. If you are traveling to Salem and can drop them off at the State Library (first floor, room 119, ring the doorbell), be sure to label the box "Legislative Day - books for giveaway." If you are unable to drop off your donations, you can mail them to ATTN: Ferol Wayland at the State Library of Oregon, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301-3950 or contact Legislative Day Coordinator Kate Lasky at klasky at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:klasky at josephinelibrary.org> for a list of regional drop-off spots.

Together, we can build value for Oregon libraries!

Kate Lasky
Library Director
Josephine Community Library District
200 NW C Street
Grants Pass, Oregon 97526
klasky at josephinelibrary.org<mailto:klasky at josephinelibrary.org>
office: 541-476-0571
fax: 541-479-0685

"What is more important in a library than anything else-than everything else-is the fact that it exists." Archibald MacLeish