[Libs-Or] Job opportunity: Visiting Assistant Professor-Distance Education Librarian

Kim Read kread at cu-portland.edu
Wed Oct 31 11:08:34 PDT 2018

**Apologies for cross posting

The Concordia University Libraries in Portland, OR are hiring a Visiting Assistant Professor-Distance Education Librarian with the possibility of becoming permanent after one year. Among other things, we are proud of our Personal Librarian Program<http://libguides.cu-portland.edu/personal_librarian>, OER initiative<http://libguides.cu-portland.edu/OER>, Multicultural Arts and Events Program<https://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/libraries/library-calendar>, and the university's development of the 3toPHd<https://www.3tophd.org/> program. We are known on campus for our innovation, dedication to student success, and community-building programming. Internally, we value collegiality, mutual support, and flexible work schedules that accommodate a healthy work/life balance. Learn more about us on the Libraries' About page<https://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/libraries/about>.

This assistant professor position focuses on teaching and learning for both online and onground students. The following are the main duties:

  *   serves as a liaison to the College of Education
  *   promotes and teaches classroom and one-on-one research/information literacy sessions
  *   participates in student success initiatives including the Personal Librarian Program and the Open Educational Resources Initiative
  *   develops tutorials, videos, and research guides
  *   integrates information literacy with online courses
  *   answers research and reference questions virtually and on campus
  *   participates in collection development
  *   participates in Orbis Cascade consortium activities and campus committees

Link to the full job announcement: http://bit.ly/Vis_Ed_Librarian<https://bit.ly/Vis_Ed_Librarian>

Kim Read, MLS, EdM
Dean of Libraries
Concordia University
kread at cu-portland.edu
t 503-493-6451
2811 NE Holman Street   Portland, OR 97211