[Libs-Or] Patron Computers

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Fri Sep 14 14:18:29 PDT 2018

We use PC Reservation for session management, Clean Slate to clear the computers after patron use, and Fortres 101 to lock down acccess. The combination works pretty well; we have the computers set up to restart when the PC Res session ends, and that takes care of clearing them with Clean Slate. Fortres and Clean Slate are not terribly expensive -- about $40 per license with the education rate, and quantity discounts are available.

We had some issues in the past with files not getting cleared from the computers if the patron manually shut the computer down before the end of the session, but IT worked some magic and it seems to have taken care of it.

[LC-CircularLogo-Color-email]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR