[Libs-Or] ALA's Public Programs Office is seeking public librarian advisors for a new financial literacy exhibition

ALA Chapter Councilor olachaptercouncilor at olaweb.org
Tue Sep 18 09:57:33 PDT 2018

Hi Oregon Librarians! This might be a great opportunity for someone. Please
see below:

ALA's Public Programs Office is pleased to continue our relationship with
the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, and are now in the planning and
development stages of creating a new traveling exhibition on financial
literacy themes for kids aged 7-11 years old and the adults in the their
lives. The exhibition will tour to 50 U.S. public libraries for
approximately 2 years, launching in late summer 2019.

We are assembling a group of 5 public librarians with experience in
implementing financial literacy programming to serve as advisors to the
project. The advisory team will assist in the development of 5
instructor-led activities and 5 family activities related to exhibition
concepts, plus 10 additional library programming suggestions. The team will
also help develop and curate a resource list, including a bibliography and
website resources. This will all be included in the online Site Support
Notebook materials provided to selected libraries as a programmatic
resource and reference.

Each advisor will receive a $500 honorarium, and the main activities will
occur from October 2018 - April 2019. The duties of each librarian
advisor/library partner on the team will be:

*         Participate in regular conference calls, frequency determined by
the group, to share expertise, provide insight and feedback, propose
content and contribute knowledge to ALA staff and fellow team members.

*         Conduct independent research and write program models as needed
and report back to the team.

*         Serve as a peer reviewer for the opportunity by reading
applications, reviewing and rating them.

To be considered as an advisor, we ask candidates to please email a resume
and a one paragraph biography (max 300 words), highlighting experience with
financial literacy programs for kids and families to Melanie Welch (
mwelch at ala.org<mailto:mwelch at ala.org>) by Monday, October 1.

Don Wood
Program Officer
Chapter Relations Office
<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/cro/index.cfm>
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
dwood at ala.org
1-800-545-2433, ext. 2429; 312-280-2429
312-280-4392 (fax)

Review* ALA’S PRIVACY POLICY <http://www.ala.org/privacypolicy>*

Find Your Answers about ALA Chapters
<http://www.ala.org/aboutala/find-your-answers>

“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of
an ignorant nation.”—Walter Cronkite

“Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only
thing.”—Albert Schweitzer

“One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen, can change the
world.”—Malala Yousafzai

“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting
to improve the world.”—Anne Frank

[image: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion]
<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/diversity>

<http://www.ala.org/offices/cro/getinvolved/partnership>

[image: State Chapters Toolkit]
<http://ilovelibraries.org/librariestransform/state-chapters-toolkit>

--
Danielle Jones
*Oregon Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor*