[Libs-Or] stolen DVDs

greenlionrampant greenlionrampant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:59:01 PDT 2018

Hey all,
Branch manager who has found themselves in Alaska but miss Oregon too much to leave this group at least.
We have a huge dvd collection as well as a high shrinkage rate for materials since my branch is located in a high poverty/crime neighborhood. We have found signs don't do a lot. People go sign blind anyway.
We have begun doing much more walking about and ref support in the stacks during high patron times and this has helped a lot. We are also leaving behind rfid'ing our dvd cases and just stingray all the dvds. $1700 to start with is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of all the dvds stolen in the end. Sometimes ten in a weekend.
David Adkins-Brown, MMLISMountain View Neighborhood LibraryAnchorage, AK.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Esther Moberg, OLA President" <olapresident at olaweb.org> Date: 9/28/18  9:49 AM  (GMT-09:00) To: Ted Smith <t.smith at newportlibrary.org> Cc: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us Subject: Re: [Libs-Or] stolen DVDs
We tag our dvds now and also put up signs about cameras on our dvd area although only half of the shelving is actually under surveillance. Esther
On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:47 AM Ted Smith <t.smith at newportlibrary.org> wrote:

Do you tag your dvd’s?  Cameras?