[Libs-Or] Libraries for incarcerated people

Rhiannon Cates rhicates at pdx.edu
Fri Apr 12 10:45:36 PDT 2019

Hi there, I would strongly recommend waiting until you have connected
directly with the educational staff and liaisons at OSCI that are in
partnership with Corban for this particular program, as there are
differences among institutions in regards to guidelines, especially
depending on how students will be accessing the texts (through the
institution's library vs directly through their instructor or advisor) and,
likewise, depending on how the books will make their way inside, if they
will be remaining inside permanently, etc. These staff should have the
answers, as well as access to the DOC stickers that are placed on approved
items kept in students' possession once they have been internally
processed, if applicable, or they will have the particular procedures for
how shared books are processed and managed at OSCI for each program offered.

Here is their contact info from the State Phone Book
<https://phonebook.dasapp.oregon.gov/>:

[image: image.png]
Cheers!

Rhiannon Cates
Special Collections & University Archives
Portland State University Library
(503) 725-5760 // rhicates at pdx.edu

<https://www.instagram.com/psulibarchives/>[image:
https://twitter.com/PSULibArchives] <https://twitter.com/PSULibArchives>