[Libs-Or] New Post on Lowrider Librarian: Living Under Racist Terrorism Impacts Learning

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 08:08:24 PDT 2019

> A whole generation of BIPOC children in the US are being negatively
> impacted by the climate of fear that is being perpetrated upon them by the
> unrestrained white-supremacist movement and the government that supports
> this abomination.  Their mental health, their educations and their lives
> are all being stunted and slowed down by these racist attacks by settler
> colonists.
> According to Zaretta Hammond <https://crtandthebrain.com/about/> in her
> astounding work, "Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain,"  students
> should be able to feel safe and confident to be able to become a
> self-sufficient learner.  Becoming a self-sufficient learner means the
> student become involved in their own educational and personal development
> by reflection and by being warmly challenged by an instructor who has
> earned their trust.  A dependent learner is always dependent on someone
> outside themselves to take charge of their education and are thereby
> passive learners who often give up because they have come to depend upon
> help.  They have a fixed mindset and not a growth mindset.

You can read the rest here if you so desire:
https://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2019/08/living-under-racist-terrorism-impacts.html

Respectfully,

Max Macias
--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>
http://twitter.com/maxmacias